Tuesday, August 26, 2008

more update

So I called that dr on mon morning and it was nuts trying to get an appt. I was feeling pretty good so I took a later appt so as not to have to miss more work, school or internship...

Well that backfired.

Mon like I said I was feeling pretty good in the morning came home after work did some things, went to the 1st day of classes felt fine, went to my internship where my guys were great and supportive and said they all missed me... aww some of then are sweethearts...
However after my internship driving home I was in ALOT of pain, not as bad as Thur though but almost. Picked up Jess came home and wentto take my pain meds they gave me because it was finally that bad that I said screw it fine I will take one but I couldnt find the bottle :(!

I laid down to try to feel better and got well enough to head in to work. On the way there it started up again. Once at work I was talking to a good friend / coworker about everything and my boss calls and starts in on me about something I had nothing to do with and my pain started up again and this time it was worse than it was Thurs.

Finally the boss on the phone realizes something is wrong when I start crying on the phone - keep in mind I rarely cry in front of people unless I am Very comfy around them - and asks me what is up so I tell her... keep in mind I do not have much sick time avail. So she says she goingt o find someone to come in to work for me... so I can leave as soon as someone there... i express my concerns and she says they will just have to put me on disability til this is all worked out... OK what part of they do not know what is wrong with me did she not understand... what dr is going to sign off on disability when they dont know what is wrong with me????
Anyway my amazing overnight co worker, I totaally owe her now... she has some of the meds I was given my dr for a different problem that she has so she let me have one of hers and she did 99.9% of the work for the night and I sat there not moving, once the pill kicked in I was fine.

6 am rolls around and someone comes in I finally got to leave and go home.

Called dr this morning and explained that I really need an earlier appt ideally today for that follow up. So now I get to miss the 2nd day of classes and possibily my internship today...

I just wish they would figure out what is wrong with me and fix me already. I dont like taking pain meds and I do not like missing work, school and internship but as Lori said your body is telling you something is wrong you need to listen...

Ironically I have used that line at my internships when explaining to people why they cant practice when they want to.

No comments: